The Principal is an excellent manager, communicator, mentor, teacher and counselor. The candidate must possess strong public relations and networking skills. The Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal work collaboratively in order to guide and nurture members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extra-curricular activities and personnel management.
- Masters Degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or a university with relevant teaching certification.
- Proven Quranic and Islamic knowledge and/or degree/coursework in Islamic studies will be highly desired.
- Three (3) years’ related professional and managerial experience required with prior experience in a related field preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must and proficiency in Arabic is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team with strong leadership skills.
- Authorization to work in USA, (WITHOUT any visa processing of any kind)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Principal is accountable to the Academy Steering Committee and reports directly to the Executive Director of the Academy Franchise
- The principal is an employee of Al-Furqaan Foundation and is responsible to run the affairs of the school as per the guidelines detailed in the school’s operational guidelines.
- He/she supervises all school personnel, directly and/or indirectly, serves as the chief administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budget.
- He/she is responsible for the overall discipline and the welfare of the school students.
- He/she ensures that all school programs are compatible with the principles outlined in the schools Mission and vision
- He/she provides opportunities for staff participation in the school program and supervises / appraises the school staff’s performance.
- He/she maintains communication with steering committee and works very closely with the executive director, reporting to him, seeking assistance from the steering committee and community members to continually improve the school performance.
- He/she manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, school supplies and equipment, which are necessary to carry out the school routine.
- He/she submits monthly progress and financial reports to the committee showing budgeted and actual revenues and expenditures
- He/she conducts an annual evaluation of the administrative staff and school teachers.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. U.S. Work Authorization is required. Pay commensurate with knowledge and experience on a non-profit Islamic Organization scale.
|Job Category||Furqaan Academy|